Wildstar Beta Start Dates, Beta Enters Phase 2
It’s official, Wildstar has entered phase 2 of beta teasting. The Wildstart beta start date for phase 2 began on May 16th, 2013, opening up players to a world defined by “momentum mechanics” in the words of the game designers. Players of the Wildstar beta start exploring remote regions of the Planet Nexus as the game rolls out new features and locations with the latest beta phase.
While there have been plenty of leaked screenshots, videos, and information about the latest Wildstar beta start testing phase, these leaks are in breach of the closed beta’s non-disclosure agreement, and several websites featuring a steady stream of leaked content have been removed temporarily or shut down with a cease and desist letter from the game developers.
Wildstar Beta Start Phase 2 Highlights
According to the official press release, phase 2 of the Wildstar beta start on May 16th, 2013 and features the following highlighted content:
- The second closed beta focuses on the second faction, the Dominion. They are a ruthless galactic empire who seeks to enforce the rule of law.
- The Exile faction has been put on the backburner for this phase of the closed beta, and only the Dominion will be available for active play.
- The Ruins of Kel Voreth, a new level 20 dungeon, has opened up for full testing. Players can brave this incredibly treacherous dungeon in exchange for loot and unique rewards.
- A new 10v10 battleground, Smash & Grab, is now available for public testing. This 10v10 battleground is available for all players between level 3 and 30. Smash & Grab focuses on action-packed capture the flag style PvP.
- Attribute names have been revised to fit the in-game universe. Strength, Technology, Dexterity, Wisdom, Stamina, and Magic have been renamed to Brutality, Tech, Finesse, Insight, Grit, and Moxie.
- Attributes and Milestones have been re-designed from the ground up, from a mechanical standpoint.
- Players may begin signing up on the Wildstart beta start day for phase 2 and phase 3 testing consideration.
- Beta invites are no longer region-locked, so European, Asian, and Middle Eastern players can get their hands on testing the Wildstar beta.
- A plethora of new quests, mini-quests, challenges, and surprises have been added to the game with the latest testing phase.
Remember to check the spam folders in your email inbox to make sure that your Wildstar closed beta invite wasn’t tossed into the trash by your local mail robots! You wouldn’t want to miss out on the fun, would you?